What is it?
- Clean eating is basically when you consume foods closest to their natural state or in their natural state (2-3 ingredients or less) and avoiding processed and refined foods.
How do I do this?
- Don’t use or eat a food if it has 3 or more ingredients.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day
- Control your portions
- Drink 2-3 liters of water a day
- Eat breakfast within an hour of waking up
- Combine lean protein (i.e., boneless / Skinless chicken, tuna, fish) with complex carbohydrates (i.e., fruits and vegetables)
- Protein keeps you full and the carbohydrates keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Clean eating is effective in losing weight.
- You will see an increase in energy levels
- The healthy foods you are eating help to promote good cell growth and can eliminate harmful free radicals and toxins in your body.
- These foods are high in macronutrients and can help to reduce cholesterol levels and regulate blood sugar, they also keep your digestive system regular.
Links to recipes for clean eating:
Also, pinterest has a lot of good sites for recipes. I have a board on there if you want to follow me its http://www.pinterest.com/ihawk80/
What is clean eating? http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/food-health/food-and-health-news/waht-is-clean-eating/
Eating Clean for Dummies Cheat Sheet. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/eating-clean-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html
What is Clean Eating? http://www.livescience.com/42086-what-is-clean-eating.html